Monday, April 16, 2012

It is official! Baby Riches will be here in October!

Well, we are at 12 weeks so I can officially announce that we are expecting! The end of the first trimester is over!! We are so excited that things have gone so well up to this point and we have faith that come October, we will have a beautiful baby girl (um, I mean Brandon will say boy...but I say he doesn't have those maternal instincts like I do) Anyway, we had our doctor visit today, and she said everything looks perfect! She could still see a sliver left of the subchorionic hemmhorage but it actually took her a little while to find it. I was so excited to finally have a regular ultrasound! And it was surprisingly clear, contrary to what we thought. Today was our graduation day from the fertility center, so we will be seeing a new doctor next week! The doctor said she wants a picture of the baby when it's born and everyone who works at the clinic was so excited that we were on our way to bigger and better things. We are a little sad to leave, though, because that means we won't get another ultrasound until 20 weeks! Luckily we got a Doppler so we'll be able to listen to the baby's heartbeat once in a while for some reassurance. This past week has been a really rough one as far as morning sickness goes. It didn't help that I had the flu on Thursday, but today was totally different and I felt the best I have in a long time. Maybe it's the fact that I only have 4 days of school left...I don't know. But anyway, until next week! I really hope the doctor we chose is a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope it sticks. That's so nice that you get to have a doppler to bring home with you. It's so comforting being able to hear the babies heartbeat. I look forward to it every appointment. Especially before the baby is big enough to notice that she's moving. Count down begins for the gender reveal!!! Please invite me to your baby shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, no more pics? Its been fun to see a baby develop week to week...anyway, yeah past the the first trimester! Wahoo

    ReplyDelete