Monday, April 9, 2012

11 Week Update!

Well, first of all, I want to wish you all a Happy Easter! I hope yours was much much much more enjoyable than ours! Yesterday morning I started getting a lot of pains in my stomach (no, they weren't hunger pains). It kind of felt like someone was poking my with something but they hurt. So that was slightly alarming. Well, they say "as long as you're not bleeding then there's really nothing to worry about." And guess what happened...yep I started bleeding. Awesome. So I came home from church early (I was a little bummed because of the whole Easter thing, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose). Anyway, the pain never let up all day but the bleeding did. Until right before I went to bed. And this time it was enough to make me scared. I've been through 5 miscarriages...I know what it looks like and I tell you what, this had me scared. So we went to bed nervous, and I tossed and turned all night hoping and praying things were all right. We had tried to call the doctor on Sunday afternoon but no one answered the after hours emergency line and I really didn't feel like this deemed a trip to the emergency room. So I woke up this morning and the bleeding hasn't stopped. So we waited until the doctor's office opened and got an appointment for this morning do we didn't have to wait until this afternoon to figure out what was wrong. The funny thing is that my normal doctor was not in the office today. Of course the one time I have a problem, she isn't there. But the NP that helped us was really nice and she knew exactly what she was doing. We started the ultrasound and it took her a couple seconds to find the heartbeat (it felt like 10 minutes!) and then the baby started moving around. Oh my gosh, can you say a sigh of relief!! So she said that the bleeding was because of the hemmhorage, so it was a good thing that it was bleeding out and she told me to expect to bleed a little more over the next few weeks, but that everything was completely normal and the baby is growing as it should. We could see its tiny hands and feet! It was pretty awesome! The pain is round ligament pain, just my body getting ready to get bigger, I guess. So, next week I think we are going to have a huge party celebrating 12 weeks...because that's a huge milestone, right?


 you can see the little arms!

 the heart beat was 160, which is perfect!

5 cm long!

4 comments:

  1. whew! Chelsea, I was so nervous for you! Yeah, those ligament pains can be pretty painful at times. Ironic that those would start at the same time your hemorrhage would bleed out. It's so fun that every week you get to see your baby progressing. That is a rare opportunity! And I love that you are sharing it so I can see the pictures! Still praying for you always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness such a relief! I started bleeding just before 12 weeks too and it was a lot, they thought I had miscarried. I am so glad that it isn't a cheerio and there is a heartbeat!! Feeling so happy for you I can't even imagine how happy you are and how relieved you feel. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes 12 weeks is huge! Michael looked at the picture and said "she's having a cheerio?" Lol. I was wondering if it was just the stretching pains, they are pretty common around now, but glad you are okay and baby is too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! It makes me happy to feel like a little part of your family through your blog. Thanks so much for the updates. We are also still praying for you and your hubby and the little one (um, girl. Yep. It's a girl).

    ReplyDelete