Tuesday, March 27, 2012

9 Weeks

Wow, I made it pretty far without having to throw up! Unfortunately, though, all that nausea turned into something, and I had a lovely encounter with our toilet very early this morning. I'm really glad I didn't eat very much last night so there wasn't much to throw up. But enough throw up talk and on to baby...had the ultrasound this morning and the baby has grown a ton! It was so big on the screen! The heart was beating, the umbilical cord was there, and we even got to see the baby moving around a bit! Pretty exciting stuff! We're happy things are going so well..I just wish they would go well without the accompanying nausea! Oh well. Happens to the best of us, I suppose. Brandon thinks we're going to have a boy (and so does his mom) but I am hoping for a girl. I thought it was kind of funny when the doctor said it's almost time to start looking at baby stuff. (I started doing that a while ago!) Anyway, all is well in the dark depths of my tummy. The subchorionic hemmhorage is still there but barely noticeable. She had to search around to find it. Until next week!

3 comments:

  1. I know you've probably heard this a thousand times, but as annoying as the nausea & vomiting is, it's a very good thing! It means that things are most likely going the way that they're supposed to. With my first pregnancy (that ended in miscarriage), I had no nausea at all. I was terribly nauseous with James, though... to the point that I lost 10 lbs in my first trimester. I hope it doesn't get that bad for you, but you probably only have about a month of nausea left, to be honest, so here's to hoping that you can make your way through it! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nausea & vomiting is a very good sign. Though I understand (very much so) that it's not fun. I still throw up (at 25 weeks) if I don't take my medicine. I try to go without it for a couple days thinking I'm fine and then I'll wake up one morning and start hurling. It's no fun. But as you know, so very worth it! Something that helps me is to eat some protein about an hour before I go to bed. It varies on the day what I can handle, but whatever gives you a good dose of protein eat that. And then in the morning nibble on some crackers or on some plain dry cereal and sip water or juice. Sometimes it's waking up famished that makes one even more sick. So the protein at night will hopefully help with that. It does for me at least. And sometimes the key is to finding the food that works for you. For this one it was anything starchy like potatoes that helped me tremendously oh and red meat. I am excited to see another successful week has gone by. 9 weeks was when I first saw Janen too! It's amazing how they go from that to a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for growing baby! :). Yeah, nausea is no fun!!! hopefully the next few weeks pass as quickly as possible

    ReplyDelete