Monday, March 19, 2012

2 Months!?

We made it to 8 weeks! Hip hip hooray! We went to the doctor again today and had another ultrasound. The baby is a lot bigger and the subchorionic hemmhorage is much smaller! We could barely see the pocket on the screen...which is really good! The baby's head is really really big, but I guess that's pretty normal. I went on the band tour this past week with the UVU Wind Symphony and everyone was really worried, but everything was just fine. I had some cramps one night and got to stay in the hotel and relax, so I was being very careful. I can't fit into my pants anymore, which is weird because the scale I use says I haven't gained any weight yet. I had a lot of heartburn this week and a lot of nausea (haven't thrown up yet though!), but I couldn't decide if that was just because I was on a bus all day...I usually get car sick anyway. The doctor says now there's only a 5% risk of miscarriage, whereas a month ago there was a 30% chance. I think I'm allowed to look at baby things now...maybe even start knitting some. If it's going to be born in October, we will definitely need an orange blanket...

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Chelsea! That's really exciting... looks like things are coming along!
    And yes, an orange blanket would be completely appropriate. With black fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! so excited for you! Hope that sick feeling goes away soon...I had that forever, but its nice you haven't thrown up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 of the very BEST things for me happened in October! Jacquelyn Grace- Oct 22 and Raquel May- Oct 9. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Did they do a regular ultrasound this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Your subchorionic hemorrhage shrunk so fast! So excited you are this far along! Hope it continues to go well and the morning sickness doesn't get bad!

    ReplyDelete