Friday, February 3, 2012

Here we go again...

Ok, I'll just cut right to it. The report from the doctor said, "Everything looked great. Continue with infertility treatments." I actually laughed when I was on the phone with the nurse and then got a little frustrated when I told her there were no infertility treatments! She was surprised that there wasn't anything being done because that's what the doctor said. So I had to explain everything to her and tell her that my doctor (the same doctor who said to continue with the treatments) had said that this HSG was the first step in finding out what's wrong. I wish they would write stuff down at this place. It would make things a lot easier, I think. So what she wanted to do is have me come in and get on something that would help me get pregnant...which I then had to tell her that I have no problems getting pregnant so I didn't want to do that. Then she told me that I can just get pregnant and come in immediately and they will give me a progesterone supplement. Yay!! Finally!! I really think we should have been able to try this first rather than make me pay nearly $300 for an awkward X-ray of my uterus that came back completely normal...but hey, I'm not a doctor. Anyway, that is what we are going to do! Wish us luck! Oh, and if you want to donate to our baby fund, feel free to. Ha! All these tests are expensive!! A lot of people say having a baby is expensive, but most of those are completely normal pregnancies...I'm not even pregnant yet and we have had to pay a lot. If I wasn't so high risk I would seriously contemplating having a home birth, but I know my doctor would never let me have one. Oh well. Hopefully another update comes very soon saying I'm pregnant! And a big thanks to everyone who is praying for us! Thank you so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful news Chelsea!!!!! It is expensive to have a baby. I can only imagine how it is for you. But it will all be worth it when you can finally go full-term and deliver a beautiful baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I really hope that everything goes well with these treatments!

    ReplyDelete