Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coping with Another Loss

As I sat there feeling the little life we had created slipping from my grasp, I started pleading with Heavenly Father, "Please don't make me go through this again." I said it over and over and over. Tears started streaming down my face, and I began to sob. 

I later found comfort in the scriptures. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

As traumatic as this sixth miscarriage is, I understand and accept that it is my burden to bear. We may never know why I keep having miscarriages, but we understand that God has a plan for us and that he hears our prayers. We also lean on the shoulders of our family and friends during this difficult time. We don't expect anyone to fully understand what we are going through--I don't wish that on anyone! But we do need your support to keep moving ahead. 

We cry as we mourn the loss of yet another pregnancy, but we find immense joy in being parents to Grant. He is such a sweet boy, and we are so thankful for him. 

As I reflect on the past year that we have had Grant in our family, I remember the complete happiness that we felt when we made it so far with a successful pregnancy! I am SO grateful that we were blessed to be Grant's parents. While it is difficult at times (mainly between the hours of 12am and 4am), it is so wonderful to watch him learn and grow. 

I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my pain, and that he knows exactly what I'm going through. I know I can be healed through His Atonement and become stronger from this experience. 

9 comments:

  1. Praying for God to comfort both of you through His word and those around who love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a piece of your heart and still try to put one foot in front of the other each day. My prayers are with all three of you--may peace and comfort surround you. Sometimes life really isn't wonderful, but then, other times, there it is again in all it's joyous splendor. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you - wish there was more we could do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know me, but I stumbled across your blog. Some sweet friends of mine might be more help to you than I could be. Just know I am so sorry for your loss. You might check out their blog. They have experienced some very similar things you have. http://amberhermann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. We love you and Brandon and Grant and you will all be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for yet another loss. I do hope bringing another child into your family is easier, and less heart breaking, this time. We will be keeping you in our prayers again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you are among those that know first hand the pain and anguish that miscarriage brings... times six. I know there is simply nothing I can say to make it better, but know that my heart broke for you when I saw this and I mourn with you. You have so many that love you and are mourning with you. Lean on our love and confidence in you. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.facebook.com/theamethystnetwork
    Have you heard of the amethyst network? Might be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wrote this after my first miscarriage and felt like I should share it with you. You are not alone in this!

    Carry Me Home

    I have to go soon,
    Mommy –
    I know it will make you sad.
    Don’t cry too hard
    For me,
    Though I know you’ll be hurting bad.
    It’s not your fault –
    You love me
    And you’ve done the best you can;
    I don’t want to leave,
    But don’t you see?
    We’re part of a bigger plan.
    I’ll miss you more than you know –
    And Daddy too –
    But it’s time for me to go Home now,
    That’s why I’m taking the time
    To express my love to you.
    I’m not leaving because you pushed yourself too hard,
    Or didn’t get enough sleep;
    I’m not leaving because you stressed too much,
    Or had a hard time remembering to eat.
    I wish I could help
    Your breaking heart,
    Or tell you the reasons why,
    But His voice is calling me Home now,
    So I have to say
    Goodbye…
    But I want you to remember, Mom –
    And remind Dad, too –
    The times that we shared
    As you laughed and you cried
    As you tried to give and do
    Your very best for me;
    All the excitement and impatience
    To hold me in your arms,
    Despite the pain you knew would come,
    And how much you’d have to work
    Before I could be born.
    I know your heart will break
    And tears will be shed,
    But don’t forget the joy you felt,
    So happy to be a Mom!
    And all the things you’ve done for me –
    For giving me a heartbeat,
    Life, joy, and love –
    Though it was over
    All too soon
    For Dad, me, and you.
    I will always be yours;
    I will never be alone;
    I will always be with you –
    You didn’t “miscarry” me,
    You just carried me
    Home…

    ReplyDelete